Thursday, April 28, 2005

A penny for my thoughts?

Why is it that some people seem to have such charmed lives? They know how to relax, they know ho to get things done, they're assertive, they know how to have fun. Me? I'm buzzing all over the place. I have 20 things going on onside my head and I get each one confused with another.

"Is my nephews birthday party this weekend? Wait no, I'm supposed to go see my girlfriends new baby. Oh no, the birthday was last weekend, I have to call and apologize, no, I should get the gift first then I'll call and apologize. Oh my gosh, I forgot to pay my credit card bill, where did I put that darn thing, I should get dinner started first, then I'll be able to think straight."

Yes, this is what goes on inside my mind, ALL THE TIME. I try to sit outside on a sunny day and relax, get some house work done, or sit at my desk and work, instead, I do head spins until I'm so exhausted I can't get anything done.

I've been to the doctor and I've been perscibed medication that I no longer take. I'm concered about whether I truly have too much going on in my life that I'm literally driving myself crazy, is it a chemical imbalance or is the the way I've trained my brain to work.

The reason I quit taking my medication is I believe it's a combination of two of the above. Yes, I have too much on my plate and through the years I've conditioned my brain to work this way. Instead of lightening my load, for years, I tried to tackle everything that came my way. Then when unexpected events came along and/or disapproval from a family member I went in to overdrive and I've been there ever since.

I have to first learn to say "no" and second teach myself to stop trying to be WonderWoman.

If I could just get organized, I would get started *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home