Sunday, March 02, 2008

Detox Foot Pads - First Night

Well, I got my foot pads and wore them for the first time last night. I put them on with an open mind, promising myself that I wouldn't get caught up in the hype or exaggerate any feelings I had about them. So what did I experience.

Let me start out by giving a little background about how I normally sleep and how I feel in the morning. While my husband usually falls asleep 10 minuted after hitting the pillow, on average it takes me over an hour. I don't toss and turn, its just normal for my to take an hour or so to wind down and fall to sleep.

My nighttime routine consists of filling a vaporizer in our room and having a glass of water, a tube of lip balm and a tissue next to the bed as sleeping wreaks havoc on me. I normally wake up several times a night to apply lip balm as my lips get so dry and cracked they hurt and to have a drink of water because my mouth is dried out. If I don't hear the vaporizer running I will get up and refill it because my facial skin will tighten up and start to hurt if the air is dry.

When I wake up the first thing I notice is that my face and eyes are puffy and covered with pillow marks and my skin is dried out, scaly and sore. I don't like to get up right away because I have a general feeling of being unwell. If I do have to get up, I mope around, have a little juice to rehydrate, sip my coffee waiting to feel well enough to start my day.

I should note that since the fifth grade I've had an undiagnosed skin condition that causes blackheads, tiny bumps filled with sticky white stuff, scales and overall dry tight, discolored skin on my face. I've been to more doctors than I can count and none of them can give me a name or a treatment.

Anyway, so last night I put my pads on with some old socks over them. I can't sleep with anything on my feet but I heard the pads help you sleep better so I was hoping the socks wouldn't be and issue. The first thing I noticed was that the soles of my feet felt really warm, ok I have pads on the bottom and socks on. Then, a couple of muscle twitches in my legs, but it didn't bother me that much because I actually was super relaxed and felt like I was being lulled to sleep. Then my husband made a noise and it nearly caused me to have a stroke, about ten minutes in bed and I was actually on the verge of falling asleep. Ok, back to sleep, my husband rolls over and the bed shakes, I feel like I've just been violently woken up as I was just on the verge of sleeping again. Lets give this another try, One more time, my husband coughs this time and I go nuts because it rocked me awake. (It seemed to me that he was disturbing the most peaceful feeling I had ever felt and I also felt like I was more sensitive to every noise he made. Probably because I was falling asleep so quick and peacefully) I finally fell into my sleep for the night. Besides being in tuned to every movement my husband made, it was a great nights sleep.

This morning...I woke up at 5:30 as my husband was getting ready for work. I was a little annoyed because I felt like he took away from the peaceful sleep I was supposed to get. I got over it pretty quick because I wasn't tired and felt pretty rested.

After he left the first thing I did was lay back and wait for a miraculous feeling to come over me...nothing. As some people wrote they felt, I didn't feel light on my feet, want to jump out of bed and say hello to the world. Hmmmmm, Maybe I need more than one night to feel the effects. Then I realized it's just after 6:00 in the morning and I'm awake. Not the crappy awake that I usually have first thing in the morning, when I lay there trying to get back to sleep because I feel like I hadn't slept at all....but a decent awake. I don't feel a huge spring in my step, but its a start. Te next thing I noticed is my face wasn't puffy, dry and tight (I'll have to get up and see because it usually looks like a war zone in the morning). My lips are not chapped and my mouth is not dry.

I got up to take the pads off and get some coffee. The pads felt squishy to walk on. I took them off and yes, they were all wet and squishy. I saved them in a ziplock bag so I can have them tested. I took a look at my face nothing to speak of except it didn't look like my normal ghastly morning face. It wasn't all red, scaly, puffy, wrinkled and greasy. I then got some coffee and got on the computer to log what I felt, which is a feat in itself because I usually take over an hour after I finally get up on a weekend before I feel ready to do anything.

What I have to report is a very subtle. Yes, I feel and look a little better than normal in the morning (coincidence?) but nothing miraculous or really outstanding. I can't complain that they did nothing and I really do feel slight differences, enough to make me want to try them again tonight, which I will, of course, post the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home