Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kinoki Foot Pads

I'm about to try something new. I've been seeing the commercials and reading a lot about the Kinoki Detox foot pads.

There seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding these pads and whether they work or not. I just ordered mine today. As soon as my husband and I try them I will post the results. I am keeping an open mind and am going to try to not get caught up in the placebo effect.

I try not to get caught up in hype but these have got my curiosity peaked. Most of the "Pro" posts I've read, people have used them and swear by them. As far as the "Con" posts, they were written by people that have not tried them and refuse to. So for the few dollars it costs. I'm going to check them out.

For those of you not familiar with the pads (or sap sheets, as they are also called) they are an ancient Japanese means of detoxification. They claim to help improve blood circulation, increase metabolism, enhance sleep quality and expel toxins. while you sleep. Sounds like snake oil but they are sold in Japan as widely as we here in the US sell over the counter painkillers.

I'll post the results once I try them.

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I purchased a pack on 10. By the
4th the night I could not understand why the patch was as dark as the first night. I figured the only reason they were going dark in colour was a reaction to heat and moisture coming from my feet. So I got the last unused pad and placed it over the steam of a boiling kettle. Within 5 seconds the patch became hard and turned the same colour as the previous 4. So you decide from that wheather you think they are doing anything. In my opinon I think not. Total waste of money, better off having a good Sauna.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home