Monday, December 11, 2006

Where have all the good jobs gone

The job stress is getting unbearable. I have anxiety from the time I wake up in the morning until I get home everyday. Actually I think its one big long anxiety that lasts from Sunday night to Friday afternoon every week.

The powers to be are getting pettier and pettier everyday. Its almost as if they're telling us that we know there are no other jobs available so we're going to take away everything we possibly can from you because we know you can't get another job right now. This job can't possibly be my fate. I really feel like I'm stuck. Its like a bad nightmare that I can't wake up from.

Every time one of my bosses looks my way or speaks to me I just cringe. Where are all the interesting jobs? I just want a place to go where I can enjoy what I do and not be treated like a child. The worst part is I don't even think I do a good job anymore because I just don't care. I have piles of paper I haven't looked at yet, I procrastinate and only do enough to not get fired. Its sad really. But what can they expect, with the way they treat us do they really think that we should love it there.

There was an article about Best Buy last week. They give their employees flex time. They are paid by production not by the clock...Basically go in, get your work done and go home. If something comes up, just have your cell phone with you....NOW THAT'S A JOB!

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow. These could be the words of my husband. It was so weird to read through your posts. He feels EXACTLY as you do.

He is on the edge, about to lose yet another job because he cannot deal with the stress. It is a scary place to be, for the both of us.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger scoutman said...

i was given a second chance by my boss nothing illegal,no one got hurt.
now stressed,loss interest in life
everyday frightens me.
my wife and family deserve better than his
help

 

Post a Comment

<< Home