Monday, December 11, 2006

Thanks for the Tips

10 Ways to Fall Back in Love with Your Job Please, if I come across anymore of these stupid useless tips while looking for help I'm Going to scream!
1) Go for a walk or step out for coffee
-
Umm Hello, I'm at work I can't just get up and leave at will, only the bosses are allowed to do that
2) Openly communicate with your boss. You may have to brag on what you do because he or she may not know
. -
Its a family owned company only they know what's best, we all have to sit their and watch them drive their Company in to the ground.
3) Delegate some of the things you don't like to do.
-
I am the only person in my department, only the bosses sister is allowed to delegate.
4) Get feedback. Ask people how you're doing. -
Huh? We all hate our jobs equally our only goal is to not get fired.
5) Do something for yourself, such as a project that reminds you of why you took the job in the first place. -
I took it because there are no other jobs in this friggen state and I need a paycheck.
6) Get rid of at least one task that doesn't need to be done. -
It all needs to be done I guess. This one just plain confused me. If I don't think I need to look at it I throw it in a pile (Of course it comes back to bite me in the ass later)
7) Enjoy working with other people. -
Its not the people I work with, its the people I work FOR.
8) Keep a sense of humor. - Do you see me laughing???
9) Your health is your wealth. Take care of your body. No job is worth sickness. -
It is if you have bills to pay.
10) Get a life outside of work. - That's not my problem its the like inside of work that I need help with.


So glad they gave me all those helpful hints! Tomorrow should be a much better day!

6 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Rhea said...

I use No. 3 a lot. I give away so much work that I've carved out hours and hours to pursue all my other interests. That's a good way to love your job.
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Liara Covert said...

If you sense stress in your life, it would be helpful to you to figure out the underlying causes. If you don't like your job, rather than complain about not doing something else, you could use that energy wisely and start searching for something you like to do. Brainstorm sources of motivation. Try the brief questionnaires on my website. Try talking out your thoughts on blogs or with people you know. Stepping outside your comfort zone may seem scary, but taking the risk to stay unhappy where you are now would be worse. If you like your current job and feel worn out, the tips you offer represent a good short-term solution. A change in lifestyle would be even better or a bit of lifestyle coaching to get you on track.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger stressrelease said...

Liara, Unfortunatly unemployment is at an all time high in my neck of the woods and jobs of any kind are hard to find. Beleive me, I've been looking and sending out resumes.

And based on my comments those tips really don't mean a thing to people in certain professions. They may sound good on paper but are useless in the real world for some people.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger DÉJÀ-FIT: "Fit in the Body is Fit in the Mind" said...

Hello, I have just come across your blog on 'stress release'. I write a weekly health and fitness blog for women called Deja-Fit Lifestyle Fitness Blog for Women. Check out one of my earlier blogs, it may be useful. http://deja-fit.blogspot.com/2007/02/power-of-thoughts.html

All the best.

Alicia Howard
Deja-Fit Lifestyle Fitness Coaching for Women
www.deja-fit.com

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Spiritual Bee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger rodrick3nie said...

Great tips.
Help me out at a great extent.
Thanks.




parcel delivery service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home